Thursday, April 28, 2011

Farewell Blog

I was watching The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassas last weekend. It's a deeply mythological movie, and one of the moments which really stuck with me is the Guru of the temple. There is a story which needs to repeated forever or the universe will end. The devil (portrayed by Tom Waits) connives it to stop, but the universe doesn't end. The guru meditates it's because the story is being repeated somewhere else. As long as we keep on telling tales, everything will continue. That's the most important thing I want to take away from this class: the importance of stories in our lives. I had a great time this semester. I loved watching the lectures as always, the presentations were wonderful, and the blogs as well. The class was a delight, and I wish I was in another Sexson class next semester. My year just doesn't seem the same without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment